Te Whatu Ora district services are required to budget and operate within allocated funding and to identify specific actions to improve year-on-year financial performance in order to live within their means. Improvements through national, regional and sub-regional initiatives continue to be a focus for all districts.
The health service is leading the following areas in the whole-of-governent key result areas:-
- increased infant immunisation
- reduced incidence of rheumatic fever
- reduced assaults on children
District services work closely with other social sector organisations including non-government organisations (NGOs) to achieve our sector goals in relaton to these and other initiatives.
Te Whatu Ora - Waitematā was established to:
- improve, promote and protect the health of communities
- reduce inequalities in health status
- integrate health services, especially primary and hospital services
- promote effective care or support of those in need of personal health services or disability support