This is a FREE service
Everybody reacts differently to a diagnosis of cancer. For a lot of people the information can be too much to take on board all at once. The Whanau Ora Navigation Cancer Care Service is a tautoko/support service for Māori and their whanau.
Your navigator will provide:
- along the cancer care pathway
They can also provide special resources that help explain what is happening in plain language.
- Māori and their whanau
- 16 years and over
- a West Auckland resident
This is a non-urgent service. You will be contacted within five working days.
What can we do together?
- we can work together with you and your whanau to identify the best options available
- ensure that you and your whanau have a good understanding of
- your cancer and its pathway
- your treatment
- your medication
- your on-going care
- link you with other health services to meet your needs
- help you to connect with Kaumātua and Kuia
- support you to connect with alternative holistic options
- provide ongoing support through regular visits and phone calls
Te Whare Tapa Wha
E hara I te mea nō ināinei te aroha,
nō ngā tūpuna tuku iho.
Compassion and love is not something that has been invented in this generation,
it has been passed down to us from our tupuna.
- Waipareira Whanau House
Level 2, Whanau House
6-8 Pioneer Street
Ph 0800 924 942 or (09) 836 6683
Monday to Friday
8.30am - 5.00pm
No after hours' service